Hey guys! In this video I talk about my personal experience to social hangover, being an introvert and how self-love proberbly can fix a lot of these things – Hence the challenge of the week is to get a understanding of how to practice self love. The objevctive of the week is to read the book Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It, by Kamal Ravikant, adn start practicing the ideas from it.
The book is only 8000 words long, and the audiobook only about an hour.
The book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Yourself-Like-Your-Depends/dp/1478121734/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
A Link to ADUIBLE where you can try them out for 30 days, and listen to the audio book ( it’s only ~an hour lklong )
A book summary:
If you want the gist of the book and how to practice what sais in it, here’s parts from a book summary I found written by James Clear:
( source: https://jamesclear.com/book-summaries/love-yourself-like-your-life-depends-on-it )
“The Book in Three Sentences
Everyone has a truth that they need to live and share. For the author, that truth was committing to the daily practice of repeating the phrase “I love myself.” When you love yourself, life loves you back.
Step 1: Mental Loop
- A thought loop is a pathway laid down by constant use. With enough time and intensity, if you repeat it again and again, you start to create a mental river that controls you. You believe it is automatic and the reality you live in, but really it is just a mental loop you have repeated too many times.
- You can reverse this process. You can create your own focused mental loops. Repeat, “I love myself” again and again and again. Lay the pathway for that loop to run over and over. Eventually, it will take hold whether you believe it or not.
- You need to create a groove that is deeper than those unhappy and unhelpful grooves you’ve laid down over the years.
Step 2: Meditation
- Each day, the author listens to a 7-minute piece of music that he likes and thinks, “I love myself.”
- Pattern: Inhale > Think “I love myself” > Exhale > Let out whatever thoughts you have.
Step 3: Question
- “If I love myself truly and deeply, would I let myself experience this?” The answer was always “no” for the author.
- This question gently shifts your focus from wherever you are to self-love.
- Can you say, “I’m in love” and have it simply be with yourself? Of course you can. If you love yourself, you naturally shine. You get a spring in your step and your smile comes out.
- Beautiful irony: fall in love with yourself and naturally express yourself and the world will beat a path to your door to fall in love with you.
- The more you think about it, the more you feel it, the stronger the memory. The more you recall something, the more it strengthens. The emotions you focus on are the same. The more you focus on negative aspects of your memory, the more they take control. They more you focus on the positive thoughts and loving yourself, the more they take control.
- Most of what we fear is not useful and not real. When fear arises your job is to remind yourself of this. “Not useful. Not real. Continue on.”
- Don’t let yourself coast when things are going great. “It’s easy to wish for your health when you’re sick. But you need to be just as vigilant when things are going great.”
- If you love yourself truly and deeply, you’ll commit to the practice. You won’t get lazy when things are going well.
- Loving yourself is like putting your oxygen mask on before helping the person next to you. Loving yourself softens your own ego. Fear hardens your ego. It’s easier to be helpful and kind when you love yourself.
- Instead of reading loads of self-help books, we should just focus on one thing. Put all our energy toward that. And place a bet on one thing. For the author, that one thing is “I love myself.”
- The one key that makes all of this work is this: make the vow. Make the commitment and make it on paper. Make the vow to yourself to live your truth. Write down whatever it is that speaks to you. The words don’t matter. Just make sure it comes from you and it is in your own words. That’s how the magic will happen.
If you have any questions, just hit me up down there in the comments and I’ll get back to you!
A video I strongly recommend you watch on the connection between Self- Love and Self-Esteem.